Thursday, April 02, 2009

Of Ganymedes

A teachers job is often thankless...I have known many who started the job with enthusiasm which declined as I watched...often exponentially.

But today, my day was made when I was presented with a set of jeans and T shirt by my erstwhile students.

Maybe they knew the drudge of a teacher since they were all three of them teachers themselves in other engineering colleges (and studying for M. Tech. here in TKM College of Engineering)

This is a new thing to me. 25 years of unrelenting sameness of students' psychology turned me a cynic. Today the cynic is baffled. The optimist in me says "I told you so".

Anyway my next classes will be a bit more sincere. The bright young faces who will sit before me in future classes will not listen to a jaded pessimist  but one who believes that his voice will be engraved in impressionable minds.



No comments: